Infrared Thermography Inspections
Infrared thermography is able to measure and view temperature patterns based upon temperature differences. In recent times, Infrared (IR) thermography has become a powerful tool in various ﬁelds such as industry, environment, military and law enforcement as well as in the boating industry.
The boating society benefits from this technology as all seagoing vessels are equipped with machinery, electrical installations and electronic systems, which are getting more complex over the years, and plumbing as well as heating/cooling equipment.
We own a FLIR brand thermal camera and perform thermographic inspections on multiple different equipments on boats which include but are not limited to:
- Engines, generators, gearboxes and their components
- Potential electrical overloads
- Joints and sections of electric lines such as circuit breakers and buses, etc.
- Heating and Air Conditioning units
- Water and moisture intrusion
- Bearings, shafts, pulleys, etc.
- Structural defects
- Leaks and blockings in plumbing
Infrared thermography has the ability to identify problems before they grow and turn into serious issues. Regular IR thermography is common good practice for complex junction boxes and is a simple and effective prevention of fire damage.