“Many Thanks!!!! The surveyors are just about the limit!!! First class job… (…) the America’s Cup designer has said that they are better than anything he has experienced elsewhere in Europe… Ultrasound and a new percussion technique…”
Insurance company owner
OUR SURVEY TEAM
Dr. Yusuf Civelekoğlu, CMI, Partner/ Senior Surveyor
Born to a family of engineers and scientists, Yusuf grew up in Istanbul with a deep affection for the sea. It was in Istanbul that he started to sail dinghies. At sixteen he was apprentice on a commercial ship. Following his studies and a career as a scientist in Germany and the United States at some of the most coveted science establishments, he found himself spending his time more and more back on sailing dinghies.After several years of blue water cruising, he eventually settled down in Bodrum in his cutter and started his own repair company. Shipyard management and extensive repair work, briefly interrupted by some extended cruises, now mark over twenty years of his life. In 2003, Yusuf was approached by an insurance claim manager to assess a claim. Meanwhile many parties near and far have grown to appreciate Yusuf’s hands-on approach on the one hand and his knowledge of the bite of the wind and salt on the other. His background, his profound knowledge of yachts together with his ability to structure knowledge into appropriate words in three languages has been appreciated continuously, and eventually he shifted into full time survey, averaging and supervision work in 2012. Yusuf is one of the first Certified Marine Investigators (IAMI) in Europe. He is currently the Chairperson of IAMI-Europe.
Capt. Naci Arıcı, Partner/ Surveyor
Naci was born into a family of shipwrights and seafaring people. At sixteen he ran away from his native Marmaris and joined fishermen in Holland and later oil riggers in Norway. There he got to know the bite of the Ocean. He received his degree as a captain in British Columbia/ Canada and has completed nine ocean crossings. Eventually he returned to Turkey as a sail training instructor. In 2008, he met Yusuf and since 2009 he has been working full time with him. Naci is, amongst other things, an expert on the Red Sea, and with several complex and major survey and salvage work he debuted in the yacht claim’s world.
Cem Baykent, BSc. Material Science Engineer and Surveyor
Following his studies as a materials engineer and his military service in the Turkish Navy. Cem joined Bureau Veritas as a surveyor. He then operated his own yacht repair company in Fethiye for some years. Cem moved to Bodrum in 2010 where he acted as a project manager for some major repair work. Cem is skilled, amongst other things, in submarine repair and maintenance, large yacht repair coordination, diesel engine issues, analysing material defects in general, and overseeing building and refitting work. He is also an ultrasound expert. Cem joined marineSOLUTIONS at the end of 2012.
Tufan Tunalı, BSc. Naval Architect and Marine Engineer, and Surveyor
Born in Germany, Tufan moved to Çanakkale, at the Dardanelles, at the age of twelve. Tufan graduated in 2012 as a naval architect and marine engineer from the Yıldız Technical University in İstanbul. Following his studies, he moved to Bodrum where he started as project manager in a refitting business. Here he gained experience in teak deck manufacturing, refitting timber vessels and their furniture, production and repairs of FRP, aluminum and steel vessels, and in productions for marine pleasure vessels. Tufan joined marineSOLUTIONS in 2015 and has been a dedicated member of the survey team since then. Tufan is fluent in English and has some conduct of German. He is a keen sailor and diver and holds a 200 tons skipper’s license. When not on survey or on water, Tufan rides his enduro bike throughout the backwoods of Muğla.
- Integrity and senior attitude.
- Experienced in reporting with – so far – more than 600 damage surveys, yacht evaluations and condition survey reports and more.
- Competent with substantial practical experience particularly in seafaring issues and ship-repair matters. Fully knowledgeable with state of the art technology. Excellent command of the English and German languages and nautical expressions.
- Networked with numerous memberships and contacts all around the globe. Cooperation with intelligence centres and exercising a free exchange of information within practices of the marine survey profession.
- Profound local knowledge.
- Dynamic and proactive teamwork.
Some of our clients are listed as follows:
- MCS Marine Claims Service, Hamburg
- Wehring & Wolfes GmbH, Hamburg
- Sirena Marine, Pendik & Yalova
- CClaims Service, London
- AIG Europe, Hamburg
- Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank International AG, Vienna
- Galram Surveyors & Adjusters Ltd, Israel
- Hill Dickinson LLp, Londra
- Sunseeker Yachts, Istanbul
- Pantaenius A/S, Sweden
- Pantaenius Inc., New York
- Pantaenius GmbH & Co. KG, Hamburg
- S.A.M. Pantaenius, Monaco
- Pantaenius Spain S.L. , Mallorca
- Pantaenius UK Limited, Plymouth
- Mannheimer Versicherung AG, Germany
- Kaddar Insurance Agency, Israel
- esa EuroShip GmbH, Hamburg
- Uniteam Yachting Ltd. Cyprus
- GSM Gesellschaft für Service-Management mbH, Hamburg